Dental Receptionist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Dental Receptionist to join our team.
- Scheduling, rescheduling, or canceling appointments as needed;
- Performing general office duties, such as answering telephones, photocopying, filing and faxing;
- Greeting and welcoming patients to the practice;
- Preparing patients’ charts and daily schedules for the dental staff;
- Assisting patients to fill out information forms;
- Communicating with medical insurance providers to determine if patients are required to make co-payments;
- Updating patient records and documenting recent treatments and procedures;
- Verifying methods of payment and collecting payments as needed;
- Scheduling follow-up appointments and providing telephonic reminders.
- Patient scheduling/recalls, and other typical dental office front desk duties;
- Financial co-ordination;
- Checking online insurance eligibility/benefits;
- At least 1 year experience at a dental office in the following areas is required;
- Cross-training for back will be a plus;
- Treatment planning/presentation;
- Experience answering telephone;
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a dental office;
- Customer service experience;
- Must have knowledge in Dentrix or other program;
- Must have knowledge of insurance plans.