The Customer Care Director develops service level standards focused on response times and issue resolution. Directs and oversees all aspects of an organization’s customer service policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Customer Care Director ensures that systems are in place and are utilized to capture and report on service metrics, including any customer feedback or trends in product or service issues. Establishes policies and procedures that produce high quality customer service delivery and that reflect industry best practices. In addition, Customer Care Director align customer service activities and initiatives to support and enhance the objectives of the organization. Requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to top management. The Customer Care Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets, policies, procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Customer Care Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Director of Customer Care Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Customer Care to join our team.
- Provides day-to-day direction and leadership for the Customer Care Team with respect to Organizational, Business Process, and Policy decisions;
- Establishes and maintains training programs for field personnel;
- Define channel strategy by optimizing tools, technology, and processes. Identify opportunities for improvements, and drive related projects;
- Leads transition to Centralized Deployment;
- Helps to create and implement organizational structure that is significantly more functionally aligned with strong focus on functional excellence;
- Develops and manages an annual expense budget of ~$8M;
- Serves as a Change Agent helping to drive the overall organization towards becoming much more “Customer Centric”;
- Establishes a “Culture of Excellence” with the expectation that things are done error free, on time, the first time;
- Drives improvement in all efficiency/cost related KPIs;
- Reviews and recommends improvements to systems/technology related to Customer Care operations;
- Instills philosophy of Continuous Improvement and drives organization to year over year improvements in performance and service;
- Works with Director Learning and Development to implement initiatives/programs that improve the skills, capabilities an effectiveness of the team;
- Process Improvement/Productivity/Efficiency;
- Recommends and implements solutions that reduce cost per FTE, Cost per Transaction and overall Cost to Serve.
- Experience working in a best in class or world class customer support organization;
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management;
- General knowledge of Supply Chain/Logistics functions and operations;
- 15+ years’ experience in leading sales and/or service organizations in clinical diagnostics or life sciences industry;
- Customer relations skills and teaching ability;
- Working knowledge of Order to Cash business processes/functions;
- Experience working in an organization/company that manufactures and sells “physical products” as opposed to “support/services”
- Experience working in mid to large sized organizations/businesses ($500M+);
- Capability to handle complex/ difficult situations;
- 7-10 + years of experience in a customer service/customer facing department/organization;
- Ability to travel up to 25- 30% of the time;
- 5 + years of experience in a senior level Customer Care leadership role;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly organized.