Dispatcher assigns drivers and vehicles to convey freight or passengers to assigned destination. Coordinates and trains drivers according to and in compliance with DOT regulations and company rules. Being a Dispatcher provides updates to customers on delivery status. Tracks driver assignments and other shipping data in a computer database. Additionally, Dispatcher requires a high school diploma. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Dispatcher gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. To be a Dispatcher typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Dispatcher Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Dispatcher to join our team.
- Responsible for influencing positive employee morale and quality customer service;
- Follow through to watch progress and assure timely assistance by monitoring the route and status of field units;
- Coordinates schedule for Household Waste days;
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision;
- Assign call in accounts, missed stops and new customers to drivers based upon designated route and driver location;
- Solicit feedback from former Carriers and sell benefits of rejoining CAN Marketplace;
- Solicit feedback from current ad hoc carriers and sell benefits of centralizing and growing their operations within CAN Marketplace;
- Communicates with the Operations Manager all service related issues and notifies the client (via email);
- Run internal audits and review external Motor Carrier Compliance audits to determine corrective action;
- Professional appearance and demeanor;
- Maintain a schedule;
- Work to ensure owner operators are up to date with all safety and compliance documentation;
- Maintain customer history files in database and file service orders;
- Accept/Decline work order requests;
- Cultivates strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute schedule changes.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Knowledge of the service area is a plus;
- Able to demonstrate professional phone manner;
- Experience with Trapeze software;
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills;
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office programs, especially Outlook;
- Experience with customer service, taking inbound and making outbound calls in a high-volume call center;
- Advanced experience using PC software programs including but not limited to Mediroutes, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Google Drive,
- Able to work under pressure;
- Strong character, sound judgment, a level head, and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain composure under pressure in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines;
- Clear background check;
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule;
- Previous customer service and scheduling experience is a must;
- Must be able to pass a drug test.