Engineering Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Engineering Supervisor to join our team.
- Ensure projects are completed within scope of work as well as within schedule;
- Provide guidance related to training requirements for new and existing Technicians;
- Participate in all project related internal and external communications including status reports, conference calls, and staff meetings;
- Create analysis reports of PLA’s and MRE’s as part of the customer deliverables;
- Provide leadership, training, and guidance to technicians; evaluate performance and coach employees; manage time off requests and approve timesheets;
- Use data/project management systems to document and track model progress;
- Update and maintain O-Calc Pro catalogs per customer standards and requirements;
- Perform Pole Loading Analyses (PLA) and Make Ready Engineering (MRE) designs using O-Calc Pro.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Must have thorough knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems;
- Must have experience in office procedures and ordering materials;
- Develop strong interdepartmental relationships and open communication lines to assure efficient problem resolution;
- Must have thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as boilers and refrigeration equipment;
- Understanding of the pole data collection process as well as the tools and methods;
- Must have previous experience leading others in a high productivity work environment;
- Understanding of basic engineering concepts, such as strength of materials, loads on structures and member forces, and reactions is desired;
- Experience using data/project management systems to document and track model progress;
- Ability to work on assigned tasks with minimum direction and input from management;
- Experience with GIS desired.