The Executive Administrative Assistant handles a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks involving the clerical, administrative function, research, and management roles. Provides support and assistance to executives that ensure effective use of time and productive interactions with staff and the public. Being an Executive Administrative Assistant handles confidential information and communications. Responsible for schedule management, office management, communication liaison, information preparation, company records management, data analysis, and representing the executive to others. In addition, Executive Administrative Assistant full comprehension of company’s operation and procedures. May also be responsible for training and supervising lower level clerical staff. Uses discretion and judgement and knowledge of organization to facilitate the executive’s activities. Requires an associate’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to an executive. Being an Executive Administrative Assistant works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. Has gained proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the job. Working as an Executive Administrative Assistant typically requires 3-5 years of related experience, or may need 2 years experience with additional specialized training and/or certification.
Executive Administrative Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Executive Administrative Assistant to join our team.
- Providing on-boarding administrative support, and arranging for in-house and external training activities;
- Organizing local offsites and team meetings;
- eGrants portal administrative support, including assistance with migration of some data fields and attachments from the old system into the new system;
- BioWeb assistance with folder access and changes;
- Authorizes approval for travel expense reports for officer;
- Handle requests and queries appropriately;
- Meets independently with or screens people before meeting with the officer;
- Manage schedules for Executive Committee and ensures that all directors and managers receive messages and appointments in a timely manner;
- Assist in the scheduling of, and preparing for, training seminars and webinars, including managing the seminar and webinar calendar of events;
- Controls calendar closely, with authority to determine who may be scheduled;
- Performs other related duties as assigned;
- Assist in preparation for presentations and company meetings;
- Schedule and track flight, hotel and restaurant reservations;
- Maintain and order office supplies;
- Involved in associate events and activities’ committees within the resort.
- Familiarity with LiveLink, SharePoint (Office 365), and Oracle/iProcurement desired;
- Responsiveness to deadlines, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Legal secretarial training/skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information and high degree of professionalism;
- Experience with Oracle or SAP for creation of requisitions and purchase orders and Concur for the creation of travel & expense reports;
- Must have previous experience as an Executive Assistant;
- Detail orientation with excellent proofreading and typing skills;
- Must be detail oriented, self-driven, motivated, and professional;
- We are a 100% remote company, so prior remote work experience is beneficial;
- Excellent oral and written skills with an emphasis on grammar and proof reading;
- Proven experience as an executive administrative assistant, senior executive assistant or in other secretarial position;
- Documented strong performance in current and past positions required;
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant to a senior executive;
- SharePoint experience required;
- Superior writing and editing skills.