The Executive Assistant to the CEO reviews, prioritizes, directs and delegates a wide variety of complex and confidential requests that are presented to the executive for consideration. Provides administrative support in a variety of functions to the Chief Executive Officer that are focused on increasing the efficiency of the executive. Being an Executive Assistant to the CEO responds to or routes priority or confidential inquiries from external or internal sources with correspondence or other messaging on behalf of the executive. Summarizes, prioritizes, and researches information into a concise and usable format for the executive to review. In addition, Executive Assistant to the CEO creates or directs creation of reports, charts, budgets and other presentation materials for the executive. Coordinates high level projects, travel arrangements, and meetings. May plan and schedule work and direct other staff to deliver support. Has a broad knowledge and understanding of the company’s operations and business objectives. Requires an associate’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to the CEO. Being an Executive Assistant to the CEO contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as an Executive Assistant to the CEO typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Executive Assistant to CEO Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Executive Assistant to CEO to join our team.
- Coordinates on-site and off-site committee and Board of Directors’ meetings;
- Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives;
- Draft emails and templates to facilitate time management, as needed;
- Communicate with Board Members, schedule Board Meetings, and arrange meeting agendas;
- Organize team communications and plan events, both internally and offsite;
- Research projects as needed;
- Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships;
- Capable to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time;
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Respond to heavy volume of emails in a timely manner;
- Answer phones, enter message into email log and redirect calls as appropriate;
- Previous experience working with development and fundraising programs to increase donor contributions and funding sources;
- Assist other members of the office with various tasks as they arise;
- Coordinate executive communications, including fielding calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients.
- High School degree; additional qualification as a personal assistant would be considered an advantage;
- Proven experience as an executive administrative assistant, or in other secretarial positions;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including flawless grammar and a rich vocabulary;
- Previous Exec Level experience as an assistant for at least 1-3 years;
- Review and recommend changes to our company policies;
- You are highly organized, meet deadlines, and are self-motivated to work independently;
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills including listening skills, attitude, exhibiting a professional, energetic, proactive and enthusiastic demeanor;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule determined by the needs of the Museum;
- Professional demeanor and presentation always;
- Superior attention to detail, highly organized with an ability to multi-task;
- Financially savvy; Experience working with and tracking budgets for events planning;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent leadership, problem solving skills;
- Loyalty and a high level of discretion are highly valued;
- Answer phones, enter message into email log and redirect calls as appropriate.