Expeditor expedites vendor-related production delays by resolving issues with late deliveries, discrepancies in quality or quantity, or failure to meet established specifications. Works with vendors to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods to designated locations. Being an Expeditor typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor. The Expeditor work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. To be an Expeditor typically requires 4 -7 years of related experience.
Expeditor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Expeditor to join our team.
- Ensure that plates move from kitchen to table in a timely manner;
- Preparing the following: baked potatoes;
- cream gravy;
- marinara sauce;
- Assembling and garnishing each meal exactly as ordered within the time goals of 12 minutes at lunch and 18 minutes at dinner;
- And employing good safety and sanitation;
- Handling complaints from clients to preserve the restaurant’s reputation;
- Ensuring the flow of orders from FOH to BOH;
- Communicate any inquiries, special requests, complaints/compliments to Food & Beverage Manager on duty;
- Set up stations on the line;
- Performs other related duties as assigned;
- Tray up food according to servers and tables;
- Make sure food gets to proper station in dining room.
- Knowledge of common practices and procedures in a restaurant environment;
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations;
- Must be impeccably groomed, maintain good hygiene, good posture, and have required uniform and tools;
- Responsive to constructive feedback from Chef, Managers or Supervisors;
- Applicants must possess a strong dedication toward learning, and motivation to progress in a fine dining environment;
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register POS system and Microsoft based computer systems;
- High school or equivalent education required;
- Cleanliness, organization, and the ability to work well in a team situation are crucial to this position;
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch;
- Noise level is usually moderate;
- Occasionally lift and/or move material up to 25lbs;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Ability to work as a team player and take directions well;
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment;
- Must be able to work in in inclimate weather conditions.