The HR Business Partner I uses working knowledge of the business to provide HR workforce planning support and guidance to line managers. Provides human resources consultation and support to a designated business unit. Being a HR Business Partner I utilizes knowledge of various human resources functions to provide tactical support to line managers. Analyzes trends and develops workforce plans to resolve issues and make a positive impact on business results. In addition, HR Business Partner I acts as liaison with other HR functions. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to Supervisor. Being a HR Business Partner I gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Working as a HR Business Partner I typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
HR Business Partner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a HR Business Partner to join our team.
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication;
- Negotiates benefits packages and other perks;
- Receives and investigates, EEOC Claims, employee complaints, payroll issues, questions from jobsites;
- Manages the full life cycle recruiting process;
- Performs other related duties as assigned;
- Advises on and helps facilitate team building sessions. Acts as an associate champion and change agent;
- Drive improvement in key employee performance metrics, including Employee Engagement, Internal Mobility, Regrettable Losses and Manager Capability;
- Research and respond to general HR-related inquiries;
- Facilitate and/or provides HR related training to the workforce;
- Conducts training sessions on various subject areas (performance management, discipline, ethics);
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability of decisions/recommendations made by HR team when working with client groups;
- Ensure clients are in compliance with established HR practices and procedures;
- Provide meaningful and timely feedback to management on initiatives;
- Answer non-routine questions for information on policy interpretation;
- Direct leaders and team members to other HR resources and escalation paths as needed.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills using MS Excel, with the ability to incorporate metrics and analysis into HR delivery;
- Minimum of five years of related Human Resources experience required;
- BA degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent work experience is required;
- 4-7 years HR experience. At least 3 years as an HR Generalist/Business Partner with strong employee relations experience;
- Ability to think strategically and to understand underlying business and organizational issues;
- Advanced meeting management, training and presentation skills;
- Experience with HRIS systems (ADP) preferred;
- Knowledge of HR policies, procedures, compliance and practices and experience in developing, executing and maintaining HR projects and programs;
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related subject from a board of regents accredited university;
- Leadership capabilities – positive outlook, supervisory experience, sets and maintains high standards, works collaboratively with teams;
- Must pass background check;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as ability to workindependently and self-directed;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access);
- 10-25% travel per business needs;
- Understands specific business issues to develop mitigating HR strategies to ensure business profitability and success.