The HR Representative I collects and maintains HR data related to compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, etc. to help make recommendations for improvement. Assists in administering human resources policies and procedures. Being a HR Representative I may prepare internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies. Processes paperwork for functional area according to established procedures. In addition, HR Representative I may require a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager. Being a HR Representative I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as a HR Representative I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
HR Representative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a HR Representative to join our team.
- Act as first line of support for all inquiries from employees and managers regarding programs, policies, and procedures;
- Compile and format reports and data from Workday as needed;
- Responsible for new employee onboarding including conducting New Hire Orientation, processing new hire paperwork, background checks and I9s;
- Ensure all processes are executed in accordance with government regulations (application of Federal, state and local labor laws);
- Assist with collecting data and reporting for internal audits;
- For people managers, ensure your associates attend and complete all required trainings satisfactorily and on time;
- Manage temporary worker process for client groups, onboard new temporary workers, and convert and/or extend workers as applicable;
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time;
- Responsible for data entry in Workday system;
- Administer certain human resources policies and programs including tuition reimbursement program.
- 1 year experience in an HR function would be beneficial;
- 3+ years’ recruiting experience in the Permian Basin in the energy, oilfield services or logistics sectors;
- Manages multiple assignments simultaneously and has strong organizational skills;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is helpful;
- Has a professional image and forms good partner relationships across functions;
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to engage audiences;
- Can work independently, as well as with a team;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate complex information in a straightforward, understandable manner;
- Data entry and retention;
- HR and compliance reporting;
- Internal controls;
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, constantly evolving, team environment;
- Process documentation;
- Discreet in handling confidential/sensitive information;
- Proficient skill in using a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.