Inventory Control Clerk I maintains control of all inventory items purchased and produced. Compiles inventory information such as consumption rate, characteristics, value, and stock on hand to determine stock supply and need for replenishment. Being an Inventory Control Clerk I monitors inventory levels to determine level of safety stock and provides notification to supervisor or manager. Typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Additionally, Inventory Control Clerk I typically reports to a supervisor or a manager. The Inventory Control Clerk I possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Inventory Control Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Inventory Control Clerk to join our team.
- Any other warehouse duties assigned;
- Verify material;
- Label material;
- Put-away of material;
- Maintains and updates the purchase order system as shipments to ensure they are received, cancelled, or back ordered;
- Receives inbound materials and shipments and processes freight according to company policies and procedures;
- Performs other related duties as assigned;
- Ensuring inventory accuracy through daily processing of material transactions in the MRP system;
- Supporting Production through accurate and timely filling of job kits outlined on pegging boards;
- Process purchase orders, invoices and inventory related documents;
- Data entry and record keeping;
- Create and maintain logbook for tracking purposes;
- Inventory counts;
- Data entry;
- Clerical Position.
- High school or GED equivalent;
- Stand-up Forklift (1 year required);
- Ability to work independently and function as a team member;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Fluent in English Language (both oral and written); Chinese speaker is a plus;
- Knows how to us a Windows computer and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Clinical Drug Test is required;
- Associates degree preferred;
- Ability to frequently push/pull up to 35lbs;
- Ability to frequently lift/carry up to 35lbs;
- Possesses good math and keyboarding skills;
- Background check required;
- High School Diploma or equivalent knowledge;
- Organized, ability to multi-task and take initiative;
- Ability to work as a team player.