Inventory Management Associate Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Inventory Management Associate to join our team.
- Ensure accurate inventory counts;
- May serve as cashier and handle cash and cash-related payments;
- Receives, unpacks, and stores goods; re-stocks items as necessary; labels shelves;
- Records purchases, maintains database, performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports;
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels; processes orders as required; tracks orders and investigates problems;
- Performs routine clerical duties, including data entry, answering telephones, and assisting customers;
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned;
- Processes and documents returns as required, following established procedures.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience;
- Clerical, word processing, and/or office skills;
- Ability to analyze and solve problems;
- Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data;
- Knowledge of apparel inventory control;
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, numerous computerized systems used to track and process inventory;
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods;
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork;
- Database management skills;
- High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.