Mail Clerk receives, sorts and distributes incoming mail. Collects and processes outgoing mail. Being a Mail Clerk operates postage machine and other mailroom equipment as needed. Typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Additionally, Mail Clerk typically reports to a Mailroom Supervisor. The Mail Clerk possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Mail Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mail Clerk to join our team.
- Distributes office supplies, fax transmissions and mail to company personnel and/or designated drop-off points as required;
- Maintains records for management reports and inventories of supplies needed;
- Ensures upkeep of convenience copier areas by keeping neat and well stocked;
- Responds to and coordinates all service calls required by customer;
- Performs FTP (File Transfer Protocol) between computers and files for printing and CS/ DVD;
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential documents that may be time sensitive;
- Perform quality accurate jobs/projects that may require tight deadlines and potentially under high pressure;
- Perform file formatting for printing/Excel files;
- May perform building occupant moves within assigned facilities;
- Enters and verifies alphanumeric data from a variety of sources, including paper-based, and electronic, into a computer database;
- Assist with processing outgoing mail daily;
- Cross train on all internal mail routes;
- Collect, sort, and distribute incoming mail;
- Perform shred pick up and document distribution;
- Other duties as assigned.
- May require valid driver’s license and minimum levels of auto insurance coverage per Ricoh;
- Authorization to work in the United States;
- Previous Experience at mail station, FedEx, UPS is a plus;
- Ability to work various shifts per week;
- Notary Public License (required or willing to obtain in the first 30 days);
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Some related mail room experience is preferred;
- Requires high school diploma or GED and1-2 years of related work experience.