The Mail Room Clerk I collects and processes outgoing mail. Receives, sorts and distributes incoming mail. Being a Mail Room Clerk I typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Operates postage machine and other mailroom equipment as needed. In addition, Mail Room Clerk I typically reports to a Mailroom Supervisor. Being a Mail Room Clerk I possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Mail Room Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mail Room Clerk to join our team.
- Triage Email Boxes;
- Manage mail program for mass mailings;
- Create support tickets utilizing our internal Portal/Created cases using our CRM System;
- Manage support ticket bins/CRM Cases to process fulfillment requests;
- Assist with scanning of checks and other documents onto network drives;
- Troubleshoot mailroom equipment malfunctions;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Create and maintain service request database showing frequency of services needed/maintenance performed on equipment;
- Manage/Review and ensure that all mailing jobs are completed properly.
- Cope with high-stress and changing environment;
- Concentrate and focus for extended periods of time;
- Adhere to policies and procedures;
- Mathematical Skills, above average ability;
- Required to use a 10 key by touch;
- Working knowledge of account-relevant applications (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, file conversion or graphic arts applications);
- To perform data entry;
- Estimate and schedule mailing jobs, including operators, job path and time requirements;
- Determine output packaging per packaging standards (e.g. process for books, tabs, etc.);
- Basic knowledge of network (e.g., how to add or delete a network printer) — Basic knowledge of Digital Front Ends;
- Customer service and communication skills;
- Train and mentor other Mail client associates;
- Working knowledge of MS PowerPoint or equivalent (open and create basic presentations, open saved, print using different options);
- Must be able to demonstrate and promote a positive team -oriented environment;
- Must be able to work well under pressure and or stressful conditions.