Medical secretaries provide office support in hospitals, GP surgeries, private clinics and universities.
Medical Secretary Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Medical Secretary to join our team.
- Contact insurance providers;
- Must be able to work late evening hours 2 days a week;
- Obtain and update medical information;
- Handle referrals;
- Greet and check in patients;
- Be proficient and literate with computer skills;
- Multi-tasking skills;
- Aid in scheduling;
- Mange documents;
- Strong energetic and personable attitude;
- Previous medical secretary experience preferred;
- Ability to work with heavy filing, faxing, scanning and phone volume.
- Confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations;
- Canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments;
- Filing charts and medical paperwork;
- Worked in a medical office;
- Prepare medical records for prescriber’s next day of appointments;
- Confirm patient appointments, surgeries and medical consultations;
- Must have experience with surgical scheduling;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship;
- Medent experience is preferred;
- Able to perform detail oriented work with high degree of accuracy;
- Able to work in a team environment;
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Capable of independently managing your workload.