Office Services Manager manages and oversees the daily operations of the office services unit. Develops procedures and policies for the delivery of office services such as document processing and retention, mail and messenger, office equipment, purchasing, and facilities maintenance that meet the needs of the organization. Being an Office Services Manager evaluate and recommend changes or additions to service offerings and equipment to manage costs and achieve efficiencies. Manage suppliers to ensure the best options for pricing products or services. Additionally, Office Services Manager direct and develop the staff to deliver services that meet business requirements. May require a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Office Services Manager typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. To be an Office Services Manager typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
Office Services Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Office Services Manager to join our team.
- Lead the office services team in Minneapolis;
- Participate in regional and national Integrated Office Networks initiatives and networks;
- Create annual operating budgets and manager to those budgets;
- Partner with office leadership in creating a strong Integrated Office Network office services brand and presence;
- Oversee the facilities maintenance of two Minneapolis office locations;
- Proactively direct the implementation and execution of local office initiatives, as well as manage area and national initiatives;
- Review and approve purchasing card statements and provider invoices for processing;
- Actively engage office leadership to improve service delivery;
- Oversee the development and implementation of local office space planning activities;
- Lead and develop a diverse office operations team while driving office efficiencies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of five years of office operations experience, preferably within a professional services firm;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills along with excellent organizational abilities;
- Must possess high level of customer service experience;
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.