Payroll administrators make sure employees get paid the right amount on the right date.
Payroll Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Payroll Administrator to join our team.
- Analyzing, preparing, and inputting payroll data and processing payroll for multiple locations in multiple states;
- Assist with new hire onboarding and employee file maintenance;
- Administer union benefits;
- Manage timekeeping system including gathering and auditing timekeeping data and resolving related issues;
- Assist external auditors by providing documentation and explanation of payroll related accounts and information;
- Researches and resolves routine employee paycheck related questions. More complex issues are referred to more senior staff;
- Produce payroll related reports as requested;
- Regularly in an office environment;
- Ensure proper taxation with federal and state requirements Improve data quality of payroll-related information to integrate with our platform;
- Manage all payroll operations related to employee compensation, bonuses, commissions, benefits, etc;
- nswers employee questions about, taxes and payroll;
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages;
- Process timely pretax benefit contributions and funding;
- Attention to detail, confidentiality, ability to work independently;
- Experience in performing all payroll functions, including working in a payroll system required (i.e. Dayforce, Workday, UltiPro, etc.).
- 5+ years of payroll processing experience;
- 3-7 years of Payroll Processing experience;
- Assist with month-end close and financial statement preparation;
- Attention to detail, ability to see the big picture and an effective problem solver;
- FCP or CPP certification is preferred;
- Ability to think critically;
- Experience with US multi-state and Canada payroll is required;
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize;
- Responsible for working with Legal Department on any over-payment letters and documenting the reason for the error and suggested improvements;
- Experience with ADI/AsureForce Time and Attendance or equivalent time management system;
- Demonstrated experience in training/onboarding new management with HRIS system;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of payroll processing experience for a multi-state employer with multiple locations;
- Manages workload including new agency payroll implementations and ongoing payroll support of the organization to ensure accuracy and compliance;
- Lifting items 20 lbs. or less occasionally (current accommodations for lifting due to medical necessity).