Production Scheduler plans and establishes production schedules to meet customer demands. Develops production schedules in accordance with sales forecast, plant and employee capacity, and new business opportunities. Being a Production Scheduler has responsibility to decide operation plan for made-to-stock or made-to-order. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Production Scheduler typically reports to a manager. Production Scheduler is a specialist on complex technical and business matters. Work is highly independent. May assume a team lead role for the work group. To be a Production Scheduler typically requires 7+ years of related experience.
Production Scheduler Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Production Scheduler to join our team.
- Meet deadlines while delivering high quality work;
- Fun and maintain MRP system including: Barcode data input;
- Work with PTL to plan production resources, OT levels, Resource Level Loading, and Wip Inventories;
- Monitor aged WIP, Open balances on POs and Receive/Inspect inventories;
- Cut routers to the floor, archive routers, cycle counts on WHs, and Raw material storage/Lot control;
- Ensure the data integrity of all planning models and Oracle systems;
- Create work orders;
- Work with Value stream purchaser and review at appropriate frequencies; raw material Purchase Orders (Pos) and sub component POs;
- Run Daily Plan and other standardized tools to assist the value stream leadership;
- Identification and correction errors;
- Maintain accurate production schedules based on monthly delivery objectives.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to effectively interact with all member of the organization;
- Strong understanding of scheduling concepts, practices, and procedures;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a scheduler role in a manufacturing facility;
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to solve both practical problems and interpret and communicate complex issues;
- Knowledge of and working experience with ERP, MRP, and Scheduling systems and software is critical;
- Experience with both high volume and make-to-order product lines and the associated manufacturing constraints are desired;
- Prior Lean Manufacturing experience;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally;
- Requires excellent time management and prioritization skills to effectively react to and anticipate the needs of the business;
- Experienced in planning and scheduling for multiple production lines, and /or manufacturing sites;
- HS Diploma or equivalent.