The Internal Project Management Manager has overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverable. Manages and directs the work of a project team. Being an Internal Project Management Manager requires a bachelor’s degree. Leads the most complex projects and guides the work of subordinates. In addition, Internal Project Management Manager typically reports to a senior manager. May require a project management certification. The Internal Project Management Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as an Internal Project Management Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Project Management Intern Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Project Management Intern to join our team.
- Coordination and communication on interdepartmental tasks and processes;
- Support jurisdictional analysis, negotiation, and permitting and/or zoning requirements;
- Report on and prepare presentation materials for assigned projects;
- Coordinate with and support market project deployment teams as needed;
- Support of senior project team members across site development organizational functions;
- Work cross-functionally; provide explanations and interpretations within area of the program;
- Translate process improvement opportunities into effectively defined project plans;
- Review, create and/or maintain workflows to drive effectiveness;
- Effectively contributes and thrives in a collaborative, team-oriented work environment;
- Update and maintain project documentation (RAID Log,and other related project deliverables);
- Manage assigned project tasks through completion;
- Demonstrated commitment to Project Management career path;
- Shadow project managers and provide valuable contributions;
- Works well under pressure and is adaptable to change;
- Assist Program management team with organization of project documentation and published information.
- You’re a self-starter with a passion for learning who is not afraid to ask questions;
- Able to work both independently and in a cooperative team environment to achieve goals;
- Able to understand and analyze data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Understand and apply appropriate program management methodologies (e.g., Agile methodology, Waterfall, etc.), principles, practices and values;
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint;
- Self-starter with strong follow through;
- Comfortable escalating issues;
- Ability to work under pressure and to work independently;
- Experience or understanding of project planning tools and software packages;
- Interested in program management;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively complete operational and project based assignments;
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization;
- Strong organizational skills.