Receptionists are the first point of contact for visitors to organisations.
Receptionist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Receptionist to join our team.
- Distributes name badges to visitors, temporary employees, etc;
- Scheduling meetings;
- Announcing clients as necessary;
- Maintaining safety and security on premises along with a security officer on occasion;
- Match clients with the right tax professional;
- Prepare outgoing mail/packages and sort/distribute incoming mail and deliveries;
- Assist internal departments with various projects;
- Provide exceptional service and support to staff and visitors;
- Take and relay messages;
- Assist Management as necessary with administrative tasks;
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of the organization;
- Answering and directing phone calls on a multi-line switchboard;
- Working directly with customers either by telephone, electronically or face to face;
- Additional related administrative duties;
- Assist Operations Manager in the processing of sold and closed transactions when needed and be cross trained in all transactional processes.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers);
- Professional business appearance and demeanor;
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines;
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively;
- Oral and written communication skills;
- Professional appearance and demeanor;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate customers’ interests needs and requests to management and sales personnel;
- Ability to complete inventories and order supplies;
- Demonstrates caring and compassionate nature;
- Highschool Diploma or GED required;
- Associate’s Degree or Equivalent;
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills preferred;
- Minimum of one year of office experience where similar duties were performed in a high-volume setting.