Scheduler I plans and coordinates production schedules. Provides manufacturing operations with a plan that maximizes efficiency, resources, and capacity. Being a Scheduler I achieves on time delivery within an established budget. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Scheduler I typically reports to a manager. The Scheduler I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Scheduler I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Scheduler Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Scheduler to join our team.
- 0-25% travel may be required;
- Assist the Nursing Supervisor with the scheduling of in-services for field staff;
- Changes in office responsibilities as assigned by the Nursing Supervisor;
- Must effectively communicate scheduling and changes with patients, employee, and Nursing Supervisors and RN case manager, as instructed;
- Interface with the Owner, Architect & subcontractor community to prepare the project schedule baseline;
- Prepare capacity and performance measures (such as on-time delivery, productivity, OEE, dock-to-dock time) and develop ideas to improve;
- Actively tour the manufacturing areas to directly check on the status of orders;
- Track labor hours used on orders and provide reporting as to order status (timing and cost);
- Work with the project teams to prepare & maintain a project schedule;
- Works with accounting personnel to forecast and manage the project budget and its relationship to the project schedule;
- Coordinates all project controls to assess risk in accordance with established best practices and standards;
- Develop and maintain project schedules, identifying relationships, logic, milestones, durations, and constraints for the portfolio of projects;
- Compile data under close supervision;
- Contractor/ subcontractor interface and review;
- Performing general administrative duties including answering/transferring calls.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential;
- Reliable transportation;
- Proficient computer skills in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Office;
- 2+ years of experience as a Scheduler;
- Ability to run meetings with multiple attendees;
- Prior experience using Work Manager and SAP;
- Ability to organize work for timely completion;
- Experience in Work Breakdown Structure development;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience with maintenance job planning and execution;
- Experience in critical path schedule analysis, integrated cost-schedule planning, schedule performance assessment, and reporting;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to work collaboratively during interactive planning sessions making changes in real time;
- Must be able to independently understand and resolve situations by gathering electronic data as well as visual observations;
- Utility experience; specifically, transmission, distribution, and/ or substation.