The Senior Accounting Clerk reviews, codes, and verifies transactions and journal entries. Performs a range of routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports. Being a Senior Accounting Clerk completes simple and complex calculations and assists with trial balances. Researches and resolves issues and exceptions. In addition, Senior Accounting Clerk may also process accounts payable and receivable transactions. May be responsible for the processing of a group of accounts and is a resource for less experienced clerks. Has a deep understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles. Is proficient with spreadsheets and other software tools. Typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to the Manager or the Supervisor. Being a Senior Accounting Clerk has gained proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the job. Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. Working as a Senior Accounting Clerk typically requires 3-5 years of related experience.
Senior Account Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Account Clerk to join our team.
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies;
- Recording day to day financial transactions and completing the posting process;
- Complete tax reports and prepare annual 1099s;
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary;
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department;
- Responsible for the filing of monthly and quarterly sales tax returns;
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts in a timely manner to ensure their accuracy;
- General ledger postings and reconciliation of accounts and statements;
- Maintains Chart of account;
- Record cash receipts and prepare bank deposits of payments received from customers and other sources;
- Will also be responsible for detailed journal entries and month-end reconciliation;
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system;
- Produce ad hoc reporting as requested by management;
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel;
- Assist with financial statements.
- Accuracy/attention to detail;
- Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Solid understanding of accounting principles;
- Experience with bank reconciliation;
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred;
- Ability to meet all assigned deadlines;
- Excellent communication and administrative skills;
- Exceptional time management and organization skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Minimum of 10 years of proven accounting experience;
- Professionalism while collaborating with varying managerial levels.