Senior IT Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior IT Specialist to join our team.
- Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to system configurations, mapping, processes, and service records;
- Provides guidance and solves escalated issues for IT Specialists on the team;
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed;
- Collaborate with local management and department leaders to assess near and long-term technology needs;
- Supports preparations and user acceptance testing required for infrastructure projects and enhancements;
- Analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develops and implements strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Collaborates with end users to prepare for Audit and SOX compliance;
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems;
- Implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Assisting with designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise information technology applications;
- Experience with ITIL processes and/or ITIL Foundation V3 certification;
- Supporting COTS business capabilities in DoD Windows or Oracle environments;
- Proven ability to analyze current information systems and make enhancements to increase their effectiveness;
- Supporting infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to support system application and Data movements to multi-cloud Azure or AWS;
- Proficiency and aptitude in information system technologies and computer sciences;
- Understanding of data exchange and integration formats including XML, JSON, and SOAP;
- Understanding of security solutions such as SSO, Oauth, IAM/User Registry, and Encryption;
- Experience with applying data integration patterns using traditional and modern data technologies (SQL, NoSQL);
- Understanding of cloud-aware and native, and as-a-Service platform offerings such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes;
- Developing process flow diagrams and systems documentation;
- Five years of experience with PC, Server and network support.