Tellers Tellers are responsible for accurately processing routine transactions at a bank.
Teller Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Teller to join our team.
- Adhering to all operational, security, risk and regulatory policies and procedures;
- Welcoming customers to Huntington and establishing professional relationships with them;
- Assisting members with financial transactions (i.e. deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, transfers and other transactions);
- Advising members on the products and services of benefit to them;
- Disburses currency to members, verifying accuracy in the computer system;
- Provides prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions; and handles all transactions for members with discretion and confidentiality;
- Embrace First Interstate Bank Vision and Values;
- Maintaining a cash drawer including taking in and giving out cash and balancing;
- Answers questions and/or resolves complex technical problems on customer accounts;
- Member service – look at each member’s needs individually and don’t forget to smile;
- Fraud identification – keep your eyes out for any suspicious activity;
- Cash handling – money isn’t clean, wash your hands regularly;
- Promotes services consistent with the credit union sales culture;
- Follow all credit union policies and procedures; including policies and procedures for customer identification and all BSA requirements;
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete Hold Notices.
- Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems;
- HS Diploma or GED;
- A valid firearms permit OR ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements;
- Be at least 21 years of age;
- Ability to perform accurate cash transactions;
- Must have flexibility to deal with changing work hours and locations as needed;
- Demonstrated member service skills;
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and related work experience normally obtained in a member service and cash handling position;
- Maintain a good attendance record;
- Versatile and flexible;
- Ability to Stand for extended periods of time;
- Previous cash handling experience;
- By remaining alert, assists in identifying and minimizing Bank’s exposure to losses due to fraud;
- Be knowledgeable about our products and services.