Activity Assistant (Part Time) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Activity Assistant (Part Time) to join our team.
- Accompany residents on community outings;
- Assist residents in their daily care, as needed;
- Ensure activities are prepared for the day;
- Document activity participation and goals’ progress;
- Facilitate group and individual activities per the monthly Activities Calendar;
- Coordinate activities with other departments as necessary;
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information (HIPAA);
- Participate in the community planning related to the interest of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family;
- Maintain and neat and clean work environment;
- Involve the resident/family in planning activity programs, objectives and goals when possible;
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-departmental personnel.
- Previous experience working in an activities department in long term care or hospital setting;
- Must be 18 years or older;
- Ability to lead group programs;
- Artistic background or previous instruction from a certified activity consultant;
- Graduate of an accredited high school or GED.