Kennel attendants care for pets, often overnight, in place of owners. They clean cages and dog runs and feed, exercise, and play with animals. Experienced attendants also may provide basic healthcare, bathe animals, and attend to other basic grooming needs.
Kennel Attendant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Kennel Attendant to join our team.
- Manage product inventory including reorder levels and processing orders;
- Clean and disinfect cages, runs and yards as needed, using hoses and spray bottles for disinfectant. Use squeegees to remove excess water;
- Provide compassionate care to boarding pets and hospitalized patients;
- Take pets to treatment area for all medical services to be administered;
- Assist in cleaning, stocking and maintenance of hospital and equipment;
- Preparing and distributing prescribed diets;
- Perform nail trimming and ear cleaning for boarding pets as needed;
- Walk through kennel areas regularly, checking each pet for abnormal activity such as vomiting, diarrhea or blood in the cage/run;
- Supervise large groups of pets;
- client education;
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment;
- Monitor behaviors of the dogs in play group for any inappropriate or unusual behaviors and report to a superior;
- Clean cat litter boxes and disinfect kitty condos;
- Feed and water animals according to schedules and special instructions;
- Attend monthly mandatory staff meetings.
- Detail-oriented, outgoing, reliable and honest;
- Must be friendly and professional;
- Client service experience;
- Must have an open availability for shifts ranging from open to close;
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Must be comfortable handling groups of dogs and maintaining control over the pack;
- Experience handling dogs is a plus;
- Attention to details and recalling dog names and information about each dog is a must;
- weekend, evening and holiday availability;
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
- minimum of 1yr animal handling experience preferred, but will train the right individual;
- Must be able to multi task and think on your feet in certain situations;
- able to meet the demands of a physically and mentally challenging job.