Tourist guides show visitors around places of interest like cities, historic buildings and art galleries.
Tour Guide Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Tour Guide to join our team.
- Provide exceptional customer service;
- Greet customers entering and leaving the business;
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area;
- Accurately process all cash and credit payments;
- Represent Atlas Obscura; have a basic knowledge of our brand and the ability to share that knowledge with guests;
- Prioritize the well-being and comfort of guests, creating a welcoming environment and safe space for all;
- Lead small groups of up to 12 attendees on intimate, fun, and informative 2-3 hour tours exploring the hidden wonders of the city;
- Create meaningful connections on our tours, going above and beyond to encourage interaction both with and amongst guests.
- We are looking forward to hearing from you;
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively;
- NYC Sightseeing Guide License;
- While not required, fluency in more than one language is a bonus;
- A love and deep knowledge of New York City history, geography, and infrastructure;
- Strong hospitality, customer service and communication skills (both in-person and online);
- Basic mathematical skills;
- A charismatic storytelling manner, the ability to engage and build connections with a wide range of people;
- The ability to multitask, improvise, and problem solve as needed, without sacrificing guest experience;
- A collaborative spirit, a healthy sense of humor, and a passion for Atlas Obscura’s mission of finding the world’s most awe-inspiring places;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proven working experience as a cashier or in customer service.