CNC Mill/Lathe Machinist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CNC Mill/Lathe Machinist to join our team.
- Oil and grease machine as required. Clean machine at regular intervals;
- Conform to all safety procedures and policies;
- Perform setup/operations on specialty machines;
- Setup and operate a manual or CNC lathe, mill, jig bore, etc. to do a variety of close tolerance machining;
- Maintains safety practices related to machining;(wear protective clothing, eye glasses, as required);
- Work efficiently to achieve targeted goals and to assure compliance to quality specifications;
- Install and adjusting tools, set feeds and speeds, install fixtures, blocks, shims, and clamping devices.
- Ability to manage workflow throughout a machining center to meet priorities;
- Experience programming and operating CNC machines preferred;
- Experience working with a variety of materials;
- Ability to make parts from drawings and drawing files;
- 3-5 years’ experience in manual machining (lathes, mills, etc) desired.