Dental technicians design, make and repair the dental appliances used for improving patients' appearance, speech or ability to eat.
Dental Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Dental Technician to join our team.
- Provide oral hygiene and post-operative care instructions;
- Sterilize instruments according to regulations;
- Select and set up instruments, equipment and material needed;
- Keep the dental room clean and well-stocked;
- Welcome patients in the dental office;
- Undertake lab tasks as instructed;
- Schedule appointments;
- Prepare patients for treatments/checkups ensuring their comfort;
- Maintain accurate patient records and assist with payment procedures;
- Assist the dentist through 4-handed dentistry.
- High school diploma; graduating from dental assistant school is preferred;
- Attention to detail;
- Good computer skills;
- Well-organized and reliable;
- Proven experience as dental assistant;
- Excellent communication and people skills;
- Understanding of health & safety regulations;
- Additional certification, CEREC knowledge, Spanish speaking or training is an asset (e.g. EFDA);
- Knowledge of dental instruments and sterilization methods;
- Ability to perform regulated non-surgical tasks like coronal polishing is a plus.