The Director of Quality Assurance directs process and product testing to ensure materials, parts, and products comply with established quality standards and government regulations. Responsible for planning, developing, and directing quality assurance policies, programs, and initiatives. Being a Director of Quality Assurance evaluates the performance of the production process and quality of resulting products to improve existing methods of operation. Develops, implements, and revises quality standards, tools, and methods. In addition, Director of Quality Assurance requires knowledge of company, industry, and governmental regulations affecting product quality. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Director of Quality Assurance typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. Working as a Director of Quality Assurance typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience.
Director Of Quality Assurance Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director Of Quality Assurance to join our team.
- Ensures that testers and automation engineers are trained in QA best practices and security testing methodologies;
- Responsible for definition, planning and execution of testing efforts;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Participates in internal and external quality audits;
- Designs, implements and documents procedures for process control, process improvement, testing, and inspection;
- Conduct and assist in the development of trainings on a company-wide basis;
- Provides high-level direction for manual and automated test strategy across multiple products in an Agile environment;
- Creates product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures;
- Collaborate with external clients and/or Sponsors;
- Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results;
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including safety;
- Leads a team of software testers and automation engineers;
- Drives the QA vision for the company;
- Provide written Quality Assurance report to community, divisional and senior leadership teams within 72 hours of completion/exiting;
- Responsible for developing product candidate quality strategies with understanding of global requirements for early phase clinical drug development.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams of various size in delivery of services to customer, including leading remote or offshore resources;
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences;
- Several years of experience in a QA department in a related industry;
- 10+ years’ experience in the food industry required, USDA RTE strongly preferred;
- Substantial experience in Food Safety/Food Quality and/or Regulatory relations with a minimum of 10 years in progressive;
- Graduate of a Nursing Program;
- Must meet all health requirements;
- Strong knowledge of and/or certifications in) food safety and all applicable regulations as required;
- Must be honest, ethical, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others;
- Develops and recommends the budgets for the areas managed. Manages activities to assure financial goals are met;
- Effective leadership, organizational, interpersonal, and strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Understanding of agile development methodology, in theory, and practice;
- 10+ years of quality assurance experience.