Industrial Sewing Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Industrial Sewing to join our team.
- Read and understand production work orders and related instructions;
- Perform basic equipment maintenance tasks such as replacing needles and cleaning sewing machines;
- Select supplies, such as fasteners and thread, in accordance with job specifications;
- Examine finished products to verify they meet our high quality standards;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Inspect production materials (fabrics, zippers, etc) for quality;
- Operate a single needle sewing machine, a multi-needle serger, and a binding machine.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Good hand-eye coordination, concentration skills and a demonstrated attention to detail;
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time;
- Able to lift/move up to 10-15 pounds;
- An appreciation for detail and the desire to create fine products. (Items have a label you sign, along side the others who also worked on that item.);
- Able to sit for extended periods;
- Enjoy working in our collaborative environment;
- Previous sewing knowledge is preferred, but not required.