Machinist II assembles, repairs, and fabricates metal parts by operating mechanical equipment. Assembles parts into sub-units or complete units. Being a Machinist II uses blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product. Takes measurements of material and selects appropriate machine for the process. Additionally, Machinist II typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Machinist II gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. To be a Machinist II typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Machinist II Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Machinist II to join our team.
- Run proven jobs on manual and CNC machines;
- Maintain machine fluids and tool matrix;
- Check parts as specified in the In-Process Record;
- Perform machine maintenance and maintain machine cleanliness;
- Use inspection equipment relative to product or process;
- Set up programming for prototype jobs;
- Diagnose machine issues;
- Load raw material.
- General understanding of G-Code;
- High school diploma/GED at a minimum;
- Minimum 3 years related experience and/or training;
- Experience with manual or CNC (Swiss-type lathe) equipment preferred;
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation such as blueprints and drawings.