Sewing machinists stitch pieces of material together to make clothing, accessories and soft furnishings.
Machinist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Machinist to join our team.
- Read engineering drawings;
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output;
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping;
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job;
- Installation of equipment and machines in production;
- Maintain workstation safe, clean, organized, and compliant;
- Perform all work in compliance with all safety rules and regulations in the production shop environment;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Use manual machine centers;
- Must be familiar with the use of a variety of machine tool attachments or related equipment to perform precision machine work;
- Maintain equipment through preventive maintenance schedule;
- Maintain professional level of organization with high attention to detail and quality;
- Extensive familiarity with CNC programs for 5 axis machining centers using ESPRIT;
- Clearly communicate with management, internal customers, and co-workers;
- Perform basic maintenance and repairs.
- Noise levels ranging from quiet to extremely loud;
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items;
- Must be willing and able to work overtime and weekends;
- Experience in “Solid Works” and/or “Auto Cad” is a plus;
- Programming in “G” code for both Mills and Lathes, including Live Tooling and 5 axis. With experience in either “Master Cam” or “Feature Cam”;
- Trade School certification;
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth;
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds;
- Good level computer literacy, using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer or similar;
- At least two (2) years CNC aviation experience;
- Zero and reference points;
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks;
- Ability to configure mills and lathes by entering instructions related to;
- Ability to frequently work independently and can meet daily department goals.