Quality Assurance Engineer I performs inspections and sets quality assurance testing models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Being a Quality Assurance Engineer I typically reports to a supervisor or manager. To be a Quality Assurance Engineer I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
Quality Assurance Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers;
- Participate and provide input on story requirements, design, estimation and test approach discussions;
- Perform regression testing on multiple systems;
- Implement automation framework that will enable functional tests and performance benchmark execution;
- Implement automated testing as part of the SDLC to ensure the quality of every new software release;
- Initiates regular discussion & correspondence with customers and departments for closure to customer complaints and corrective action requests;
- Performs risk based audits of quality systems based on the Voice of the Customer data;
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities;
- You will work closely and build relationships with the rest of the Wasabi team,including Customer support, DevOps and Development;
- Quality inspection, internal/external auditing, and verification of compliance with regulations and standards;
- Design, implement, execute and debug automated test scripts for Web and Mobile Applications;
- Review customer product assurance requirements and ensure that these are incorporated in appropriate SEAKR documentation;
- Define quality metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the Product;
- Participate with the software engineering team to develop high quality software based on business-driven goals in a timely manner;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering;
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies;
- Expert understanding of Exploratory Testing and at least 2 years of experience using this technique;
- Expert understanding of INVEST criteria for user stories;
- Experience using test automation development with tools such as Selenium, Specflow, Cypress or Katalon Studio;
- BA/BS in Business, Technical, or Engineering discipline;
- Familiarity with SaaS testing tools like PractiTest, qTest, and QMetry;
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Network administration and strong knowledge of TCP/IP;
- Programming experience in at least one of Python, Java, C++, Go, nodejs, or any other modern language;
- Advanced skills in designing and implementing test cases and test scripts;
- A Bachelors degree in a technical field along with 5 years of experience is required;
- Virtualization technology (VMWare, Hyper-V, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure,Docker, etc.);
- Excellent technical working knowledge and experience;
- nd scripting.