Welders join, cut and shape metal plate, pipework and composite materials in industries like aerospace, construction and civil engineering.
TIG Welder Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a TIG Welder to join our team.
- Maintains daily production logs;
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position;
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders;
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality;
- Reading and understand blueprints, work orders, and weld call outs;
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as assigned;
- Understand material heat reactions;
- Safety procedures and regulations must be conformed to at all times;
- Must be quality and detailed oriented;
- Ensure completed components are stored in such a way that no damage will not occur while in transit to the next operation;
- Must be able to read blueprints;
- Maintain traceability as required throughout the fabrication process;
- Use required measuring instruments and gauges to check and ensure parts meet dimensional requirements;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Have reliable attendance & able to work overtime/weekends.
- Must be able to work at least 40 hours per week;
- Must have knowledge of standard tools, materials, and practices of welding trades;
- Manufacturing experience preferred, but not required;
- Safety and customer service oriented;
- Steel toes required;
- Proficiency in English;
- Candidates must be able to read prints, and have clear understanding of the manual welding process;
- Experience in the welding of stainless, carbon steel;
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings;
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals;
- Must be able to read and interrupt technical manuals as applicable;
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.);
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required;
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus;
- Experience working in a fast pace work environment Must be a team player.