The Mig/Tig Welder I interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process. Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques and operating various welding devices. Being a Mig/Tig Welder I is familiar with and complies with all safety requirements and protocols for working in a hazardous environment. Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness. In addition, Mig/Tig Welder I may be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Mig/Tig Welder I gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Working as a Mig/Tig Welder I typically requires 1-3 years of related experience or may have 0 years of experience plus an associates degree, or additional training, or certification.
Welder MIG TIG Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Welder MIG TIG to join our team.
- Own Welding Hood;
- Welding steel trailers in various positions;
- Lifting, moving, and holding or clamping work pieces to table, into jigs, or into position as directed manually or by using pry bar;
- Utilize Arc W elding Process that uses a non-consumable tungsten electrode;
- Tig and Mig welding skills required;
- Must have at least 6 months welding experience;
- Must have longevity in the workforce;
- Must be able to steep, bend, push, pull, and lift steel sheet;
- Individual will be responsible for welding metal components in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions;
- Must be able to complete your own quality checks to avoid overheating of parts;
- Moving work pieces, tools, and supplies, manually or by hand truck;
- Examine pieces for defects and measure for accuracy and fit;
- Utilize Stringer Technique with Single Passes on Carbon Steel;
- Meeting daily production goals.
- Drug free at all times;
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications required;
- Have reliable transportation;
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation;
- 3 years of experience as a TIG/ MIG Welder;
- Take & Pass 10-panel Drug Screen.