Safety Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Safety Supervisor to join our team.
- Develop, implement, and maintain safety recognition and awards programs;
- Promote company-wide safety and health awareness through internal memoranda, bulletins, postings and notices;
- May designated and delegate work to safety champions and non exempt safety committee;
- Oversee and administer all Worker Compensation claims;
- Manage Health and Safety requirements including OSHA reporting and compliance with regulations.
- Strong OSHA knowledge;
- 5+ years safety management experience in a manufacturing plant environment;
- Smithfield Injury Prevention System (SIPS) and employee involvement;
- Ability to use a computer terminal to access, enter, review, and update computerized records and reports;
- Community relations with local government, Law Enforcement and Fire Department;
- Ability to work with others and listen and convey information effectively;
- Manage company network common drive and maintain files relating to safety, training and department documents and SOP’s;
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems;
- Ergonomic programs-c onducts job hazard analysis for ergonomic improvements and soft tissue injury prevention;
- Ability to analyze and interpret safety laws, regulations, and requirements;
- Chemical Inventory, approvals and audits;
- Contractor Management;
- Manage department safety audits and performing facility inspections;
- Emergency procedures, training, equipment inspections and maintenance, and drill coordination;
- Access Control-Lock and Key cutting and management, door access card readers.