Accounts Receivable Supervisor is responsible for activities and operations in the accounts receivable function for the organization. Processes invoices and sends follow-up inquiries regarding payments for the organization. Being an Accounts Receivable Supervisor negotiates with past due accounts, maintains cash receipts and refers accounts to collection agencies as necessary. Resolves all payment issues in a timely manner. Additionally, Accounts Receivable Supervisor maintains and updates accurate financial records. May require a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager. The Accounts Receivable Supervisor supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. To be an Accounts Receivable Supervisor typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Accounts Receivable Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounts Receivable Supervisor to join our team.
- Ability to work overtime as needed;
- Evaluates commercial credit reports through D&B review and trade references as needed;
- Reviews departmental processes related to timeliness of work and makes recommendations for areas of improvement for staff;
- Reviews monthly unapplied cash report with Cash Application Clerk ensuring identification of money to be applied accurately;
- Conducts biweekly meetings with the collections staff and provides guidance on individual portfolios;
- Prepares, analyzes and distributes accounts receivable aging reports within accounts receivable department;
- Hires, trains, and supervises competent collections and cash application staff;
- Creates new accounts through company business system;
- Coordination of creation of maintenance of written procedural documentation;
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus, but not required;
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers in order to resolve account issues;
- Ability to sound reasoning skills to understand issues and resolve customer discrepancies;
- Ability to effectively negotiate with various personality types within an organization. Education and Experience;
- Five or more years of Collection experience in commercial account environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to supervise multiple employees by displaying professionalism and impartiality in performance mgmt. skills;
- Skilled in handling multiple projects simultaneously, organization, and attention to detail;
- Ability to convey ideas and issues in a clear, concise manner both orally and in writing;
- Incumbent should possess strong leadership, supervisory experience, analytical, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Intermediate skillset using Microsoft office products such as Outlook and Excel;
- Knowledge of basic Accounting debit and credit principles;
- Ability to work with management and employees at various levels within and outside of the organization;
- Ability to work well independently while exercising strategic and decision making skills.