Counter Parts Sales Rep Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Counter Parts Sales Rep to join our team.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product features;
- Write up approved charge sale in accordance with company procedure;
- Maintain confidentiality of pricing lists and structures as required by company procedure;
- Locate and obtain ordered part for customer from central warehouse or branch;
- Special order parts on an emergency basis when necessary and appropriate;
- Utilize non-selling, non-servicing time by studying catalogs, reviewing price sheets, bulletins, changes, additions, and deletions;
- Ensure that counter parts area is clean and in order. Ensure that display areas encourage sales;
- Handle warranty or defective parts for customers in accordance with company procedure;
- Help determine and obtain heavy duty parts for customers as requested by phone or in person. Suggest sale of related parts for full service;
- Ensure that product catalogs are current. Discard old ones and replace with new ones;
- Determine sales price for customers for each sale in accordance with company procedure;
- Process approved credits for customer when merchandise is returned;
- Provide customers with product catalogs.
- Time management : Managing one’s time and the time of others;
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents;
- Communicating : Conveying information to others in an effective manner;
- Persuasion : Persuading others to change their minds or behavior;
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.