The Real Estate Director oversees the negotiation process for all transactions. Directs and oversees a health care facility’s real estate activities, including land/building acquisitions, leasing, and site location. Being a Real Estate Director requires a bachelor’s degree. Evaluates properties to ensure organizational needs are met. In addition, Real Estate Director typically reports to top management. The Real Estate Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Real Estate Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Director of Real Estate Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Real Estate to join our team.
- Financial modeling for project development and operating budgets;
- Manage and maintain relationships with landlords, real estate brokers, owners, and developers within assigned region;
- Experience with interviewing and hiring real estate brokers;
- Assemble project development teams, and manage vendor contracts (architectural, environmental, engineering, etc.);
- Hold primary responsibility for multiple projects, with responsibility for other aspects of Office developments at the same time;
- Assemble permitting and regulatory review applications;
- Identify and secure pre-development financing and manage pre-development budgets;
- Develop presentations and other communications about projects and assist in making presentations to public commissions and community groups;
- Experience with monitoring construction of tenant improvements;
- S/he will conduct market and site analysis for potential acquisition opportunities, both for lease and purchase;
- S/he manages outside consultants, as required, to meet project and/or organizational goals;
- With input from RE Executive Team and other stakeholders, develop processes to optimize common lease activities throughout the University;
- S/he will coordinate interface between real estate data and other University operational databases/systems (e.g., finance, space management);
- S/he will also actively optimize lease agreements through market benchmarking and proactive renegotiation of priority leases;
- S/he will work on significant and complex projects related to residential, academic and health care facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, suggest new ideas, and move tasks forward;
- Excellent oral and written communication, technology, and organizational skills;
- At least five years of experience in real estate finance and development, or community development;
- Strong financial skills;
- Team management skills and experience;
- High degree of professionalism;
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems;
- Capable of interpreting University needs and translating to real estate solutions;
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint are a must;
- Strong financial and analytical skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, exercise sound judgment and manage time effectively are a must;
- MBA or Masters level degree in a program applicable to the role preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work at all levels in the organization to achieve goals;
- Real Estate professional with a collaborative, consultative style and strong customer service mentality;
- Superior verbal, written communication and analytical skills.