Food Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Food Clerk to join our team.
- Follow safety and sanitation procedures to ensure quality service and products for our customers;
- Building rapport with customers;
- This position is applicable to the following departments: Meat, Seafood, Bakery, Deli, Grocery;
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye contact and body language;
- Respond to customer questions in an effective manner;
- Stock product and maintain product displays according to merchandising standards.
- Process-driven with ability to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way;
- You are detail-oriented and organized;
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis;
- You possess good listening and communication skills;
- Ability to stay calm while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis and overtime as needed;
- Knowledge of Washington State Liquor laws that pertain to retail selling of product;
- Ability to operate forklift, compactor, pallet jack, Shelf Price Audit (SPA), Telzon, Swiftach;
- Ability to pass drug test;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Minimum 18 years of age/19 in Idaho and 19 in Alaska if selling tobacco;
- Wine/Spirits Order Clerk: Basic wine/spirits knowledge;
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or combination of relevant education and experience;
- Accuracy/attention to detail.