Insurance brokers use their knowledge of the insurance market to help find the right cover, at the best price, for their customers.
Insurance Agent Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Insurance Agent to join our team.
- Utilize our Agency CRM and document all transactions and customer interactions;
- Work in a co-operative and cordial manner with all co-workers in our positive team environment;
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain retention;
- Use other Company personnel to proactively cross sell additional lines of coverage;
- Review all incoming faxes, e-mails and voicemails the day they are received and respond according to company guidelines;
- Coordinate service delivery and retention of produced accounts;
- Work suspense list on a daily basis to keep current and follow-up with customers in a timely manner;
- Following up with prospects on their quotes;
- Supporting teammates with follow up for clients and prospects;
- Assist with other office duties as they arise and are needed;
- Be self-motivated and fully committed to building a profitable business;
- Must have a valid CA drivers license with a good driving record;
- Actively solicit and consistently present new business opportunities to the Company and meet/exceed new business goals as set from time to time;
- Establish working relationships with clients, potential clients and companies we represent on the phone, email and on paper;
- Additional work functions that may be requested by management.
- Service/sales experience preferred;
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills;
- Must pass criminal background check (zero felonies);
- Existing Property & Casualty license preferred; you will be required to attain one within the first 30 days;
- Dependable transportation;
- Ability to manage time effectively, stay organized, and problem solve;
- Must be personable with top-rate communication skills and active listening skills;
- 1-2 years of sales experience required;
- Strong desire to work independently;
- Active Utah Property and Casualty Insurance license, or willingness to obtain license before start date required;
- Prior experience in insurance sales or insurance customer service a plus;
- Patient, respectful, reliable, trustworthy, friendly, supportive, articulate, kind, ethical and honest;
- Type quickly and accurately;
- Organized, structured, punctual and will follow the rules;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and a calculator.