Leasing Consultant facilitates the rental of apartment units to ensure maximum occupancy at all times and high renewal rates. Coordinates move-ins and move-outs, lease negotiations and renewals, and apartment showings. Being a Leasing Consultant ensures paperwork of current and prospective tenants is completed accurately. May require a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Leasing Consultant typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Leasing Consultant gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. To be a Leasing Consultant typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Leasing Consultant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Leasing Consultant to join our team.
- Prepare and submit application materials for approval;
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor;
- Qualify potential residents;
- Accurately prepare and be thoroughly knowledgeable about all lease-related paperwork;
- Respond timely to all calls, emails and site visits;
- Ensure apartments are move-in ready by inspecting, and adding last minute touches when appropriate;
- Provide excellent customer service to residents, ensuring their needs are met;
- Provide excellent service to all residents, prospects and visitors to the community;
- Follow Fair Housing Standards in all matters when working with prospects and residents;
- Accurately prepare and have a thorough knowledge of all lease-related paperwork;
- Assist applicants throughout the leasing process from beginning to end;
- Ensuring units are ready for move-ins by coordinating with the maintenance team;
- Ensure that all maintenance requests are handled satisfactorily;
- Rents apartment units to prospective residents;
- Qualifying applicants for apartment leases in a thorough and timely manner, using our computerized system.
- Ability to work day, weekend, and evening hours as required;
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally;
- Knowledge of state law as it relates to fair housing;
- Ability to generate reports and explain leasing status efforts and accomplishments;
- Manage quality control of tenant interviews and maintain leads for potential residents;
- Section 42/LIHTC experience a plus;
- Must be resourceful and well organized;
- Must demonstrate support of BAL strategic drivers;
- Must be able to understand directives both orally and in writing;
- Must have strong marketing, creativity skills;
- Self-motivated individuals who are excellent multi-taskers and HIGHLY reliable excel in this role;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends and some holidays as required;
- Knowledge of apartment management laws and regulations at the federal, state, and local levels preferred;
- Ability to travel off-site for training courses and outside marketing.