Licensed Insurance Agent Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Licensed Insurance Agent to join our team.
- Develop leads, schedule appointments, identify customer needs, and market appropriate products and services;
- Adheres to the Credit Union’s core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState’s mission and vision;
- Answers clients’ questions related to their coverage or policy status;
- Assists with record keeping of sales activities and results;
- Solicits increases in limits and/or coverage or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact;
- Proactively calls all scheduled closing in MLO’s Pipeline to ensure 100% contact rate;
- Solicits increases in limits and/or coverage or rounding out accounts through sales to clients;
- Processes and reviews auto and homeowners insurance policy applications to ensure accuracy and verify applicant eligibility;
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success each and every day;
- Work with the agent to establish and meet marketing goals;
- Interest in marketing products and services based on customer needs;
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate over the phone and email;
- Detail oriented;
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and listening;
- Life and Health License required.
- Has the ability to view problems, opportunities, ideas etc. from various vantage points;
- P&C licensed, or ability to get licensed, within the first few weeks;
- Be competitive by nature and take an active interest in keeping abreast of competitors;
- Able to communicate professionally both verbal and written;
- Be an excellent listener and have a strong ethos of following up on all requests;
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2 + years of sales experience.