Patient Access Scheduler Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Patient Access Scheduler to join our team.
- Composes and provides patient preparations according to their scheduled exams if required;
- Utilizes copy machine, fax, computer and various office equipment daily;
- Makes modifications to established patient schedules and registrations;
- Performs other related duties as assigned of which are subject to change with the needs of the department and discretion of leadership;
- Performs on various interdisciplinary system teams as appropriate;
- Prepares oral/ written communications including periodic status reports;
- Maintains a working knowledge of personnel, schedules and specialties to effectively and efficiently schedule;
- Adheres to and is responsible for the safety standards including the completion of mandatory organizational safety standards on an annual basis;
- Actively monitors deficiencies and routinely reports these to leadership;
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize during high volume times, performing multitasks efficiently;
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology in the documentation of scheduling procedures;
- Demonstrates efficiency in answering the phone utilizing AIDET and manages incoming calls professionally.
- Ability to read and write, perform arithmetic calculations and possess excellent interviewing and communication skills;
- 6+ months of experience in a customer service role, interacting directly with customers over the phone through either inbound or outbound calls;
- Self-motivated and strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Amount of travel required — minimal;
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to effectively communicate with all customers (patients, visitors, hospital staff and others);
- Analytical skills necessary in order to process admissions appropriately calculating patient shares; balance cash drawer as needed;
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Ability to read physicians order or scripts to ensure appropriate care, instructions and directions are provided to the patients;
- Ability to handle/diffuse/resolve difficult situations, including customer complaints;
- Proficient knowledge of Medical terminology.