Retail Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Retail Clerk to join our team.
- Stock product and maintain product displays according to merchandising standards;
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye contact and body language;
- Help customers with any questions they may have. If you aren’t able to answer their question, you will direct them to another team member who can;
- You will build rapport with customers;
- Follow safety and sanitation procedures to ensure quality service and products for our customers;
- Building rapport with customers;
- Respond to customer questions in an effective manner.
- You are detail-oriented and organized;
- You work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Good communication and listening skills;
- You are process-driven and able to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way;
- Adequate knowledge of computer systems and comfortable using them;
- Ability to stay calm while working in a fast-paced environment;
- You possess good listening and communication skills;
- Process-driven with ability to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way;
- Moderate lifting is required at times;
- One year experience in a high volume retail operation with an MBS point of sale system preferred;
- Some weekend shifts will be required during peak periods;
- Willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment;
- Ability to interact well with the general public, faculty, staff and students;
- High school education or GED;
- Teamwork and flexibility.