The Senior Business Development Representative researches and analyzes current and future business opportunities. Identifies and helps develop strategic relationships with partners or potential customers. Being a Senior Business Development Representative works with marketing, sales, and product development teams to implement business development initiatives. Assists in the development of a strong pipeline of new customers and projects in accounts through direct or indirect customer contact and prospecting. In addition, Senior Business Development Representative requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or a manager. Being a Senior Business Development Representative work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Working as a Senior Business Development Representative typically requires 4 -7 years of related experience.
Senior Business Development Representative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Business Development Representative to join our team.
- Generate, develop, qualify and set new business opportunities for Enterprise and Strategic Accounts teams;
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services;
- Serve as Cogito Ambassador at Industry conferences after thoughtful preparation and outreach to target attendees;
- Stay up to date with market developments, industry trends, value propositions, and pricing;
- Manage outbound marketing campaigns – mailings, emailings, phone – to identified targets;
- Report on weekly/monthly/quarterly results to Director of Business Development;
- Conduct high level conversations about Cogito’s platform with senior executives at Fortune 500 companies;
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction;
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities;
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives;
- Present Cogito’s solution to potential clients via remote meetings;
- Build rapport with prospects through a consultative solution based sales approach.
- Some travel required;
- Familiarity with Google Drive, MS Excel;
- Understanding of sales performance metrics;
- Vast knowledge of prospecting leads and triangulating account plans;
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced start-up culture;
- Ability to articulate the business and technical value of Cloud, SaaS, and Mobility driven solutions;
- You are proficient with Google work suite, Salesforce, Shopify, Slack, Dialpad;
- Previous experience with RFID/NFC solutions and programs a huge plus;
- We need someone like this;
- You are comfortable with a role where most of the time is spent on the phone or via email;
- Understanding of MRR licensing model and how to effectively drive growth;
- You have an exemplary work ethic, a “get it done” attitude and high personal accountability;
- You can balance multiple high priority initiatives, in challenging environments;
- Effective presentation skills;
- You have outstanding C-Level engagement skills, including strong written and communication skills.