Strategic Planning Manager is responsible for planning and directing an organization’s strategic and long-range goals. Conducts organizational reviews to identify strengths and weaknesses and to evaluate operational effectiveness. Being a Strategic Planning Manager makes recommendations based on emerging trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats, viability of outside business partners, and internal business process improvement. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Strategic Planning Manager typically reports to top management. The Strategic Planning Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. To be a Strategic Planning Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 – 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Strategic Planning Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Strategic Planning Manager to join our team.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested;
- Develops and refines hospital financial forecasts in conjunction with Strategic Planning, budget, and audit processes.
- Up to date knowledge of media owners, content owners, production agencies, research companies and other suppliers which we could partner with;
- Comfortable with flexibility and evolving processes and client direction;
- General knowledge of social media or tech sector;
- A minimum of four years of media experience;
- Excellent analytical, written , verbal, and numerical skills;
- Familiar with industry planning tools such as ComScore, Kantar or Adviews , AdRelevance or Pathmatics , and MRI/Simmons/Scarborough data /Nielsen NMI;
- Prior experience with any of the following: Entertainment industry (movies/TV/streaming), Large accounts, or innovative technology may be prioritised;
- Excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and detail oriented nature;
- Advanced level of IT skills including all Microsoft.