Bagger assists cashier by bagging grocery items as customers check out. Loads purchased items into carts and may help patrons carry items outside to their automobiles. Being a Bagger may be responsible for collecting grocery items not purchased and delivering them to stock clerks. May assist with collecting and returning shopping carts to the store from outside the store. Additionally, Bagger may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Bagger possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Bagger Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Bagger to join our team.
- Answer guest questions and address concerns or direct them to the appropriate personnel;
- Assist guests with the loading of their groceries into their vehicles;
- Promptly re-stock merchandise that is left behind and control damaged merchandise as it proceeds through the checkouts;
- Bag guest orders according to their specifications with efficiency, yet carefully handling products to prevent damage;
- Ensure that the parking lot and perimeter of the store is neat by clearing carts as well as keeping the parking lot free of trash and debris;
- Talk and hear;
- Close vision and peripheral vision;
- reach with hands and arms;
- Use fingers and hands;
- Stand and walk.
- Ability to receive feedback and implement processes for improvement;
- Ability to follow directions from the Supervisor;
- Ability to Greet, Offer, & Thank all customers;
- Ability to read, count, and write accurately;
- Ability to bag efficiently while maintaining product integrity;
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job;
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.