CDL A Delivery Driver Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CDL A Delivery Driver to join our team.
- Recording information on daily sales/delivery record and obtaining customer signatures upon pickup/delivery;
- Collecting money from customers, making change, and recording transactions on customer receipt;
- Delivering such items as perishable foods, table top items, special equipment and frozen foods;
- Informing customers of new products or services and issues sales promotion materials and resolving customer complaints;
- Complying with company policies and D.O.T. regulations;
- Responsible for the safe operation of road tractor and 53’ dry van;
- Accurately check in route drivers at assigned shuttle locations;
- Load empties on trucks for return to supplier as required;
- Other duties as assigned by management;
- Maintain courteous and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers;
- Deliver pre-sold products to accounts.
- One or more years of tractor trailer/route delivery experience;
- High school diploma or GED preferred;
- Must have a good driving record for past 39 months;
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must have Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for tractor trailer operation;
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays.