The Truck Driver (no CDL) inspects, maintains, and schedules repairs on truck/trailer. Receives and delivers products and equipment. Being a Truck Driver (no CDL) must be licensed to operate a truck and appropriate DOT certification required. Maintains records of deliveries and follows efficient travel routes. In addition, Truck Driver (no CDL) may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Truck Driver (no CDL) possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
CDL Truck Driver Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CDL Truck Driver to join our team.
- Communicate with dispatch as needed;
- Confirm that the contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document;
- Make safety a priority at all times;
- Obtain signatures to confirm and complete deliveries;
- Track and report working hours;
- Maintain driver qualification records and driving records;
- Load and unload truck as required;
- Ensure work being carried out is performed in a manner that is compliant with company safety standards;
- Ensure that truck has proper and current inspections;
- Drive courteously when in company truck;
- Responsible for making sure truck is loaded properly;
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies;
- Represent the company in a respectable manner whenever delivering or picking up orders;
- Keep all paperwork in correct order and ensure that all transactions are documented;
- Compliance with all D.O.T. requirements.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States;
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time;
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented;
- Skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles;
- High level of composure and good stress management;
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems;
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) required;
- 2+ years proven experience in commercial truck driving preferred;
- None required;
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
- 1 year of Experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving experience in the last seven (7) years;
- CDL-A License;
- Able to thrive in a team environment;
- 1 year of experience as CDL A driver.